Task 10, Performance Contracting, facilitated the greater use of Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) and other Energy Service Company (ESCO) financial options and services. This was a 3-year business-to-business Task, limited to efforts involving the performance contracting arrangements and other ESCO-related financial options and services between client, businesses and all types of companies offering these services.
By building upon the experiences of those countries familiar with performance contracting, such as Canada, the United States and some European countries, and listening to the needs of countries that are developing such systems, the Task Experts:
- Provided a better understanding of how performance contracts and other ESCO financial options and services can be used.
- Outlined the benefits of performance contracting and their potential to promote energy efficiency and mitigate global climate change
- Outlined the regulatory and legal context for such contracts to function.
- Identified the market potential in countries that lack a mature performance contracting industry.
- Identified and shared information on potential barriers and problems associated with implementing these contracts.
- Shared success stories and solutions to problems.
- Formulated definitions of different types of performance contracting.
- Identified solutions and schemes on how to find suitable ESCOs and how to improve the tendering process
[ Top ]
Task 10: Final Management Report
Task 10: Summary Report
Task 10: Appendices to Summary Report
Task 10: Country Report Finland
Task 10: Country Report France
Task 10: Country Report Greece
Task 10: Country Report Italy
Task 10: Country Report Japan
Task 10: Country Report Netherlands
Task 10: Country Report Norway
Task 10: Country Report Sweden
Task 10: Country Report United States
[ Top ]
Austria, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, United States
[ Top ]
Operating Agent Hans Westling, Promandat AB (deceased)
Boris Papousek, Austria
Heikki Härkönen, Finland
Heikki Vaisanen, Finland
Pertti Koski, Finland
Konstantinos Lytras, Greece
Pietro Adami, Italy
Antonio Capozza, Italy
Mario de Renzio, Italy
Nicolò Di Gaetano, Italy
Alberto Pela, Italy
Tetsuya Maekawa, Japan
Toru Matsumura, Japan
Kazuhiko Serita, Japan
Naoya Sugai, Japan
Mitsuharu Sugano, Japan
Arnold J.W. Sijben, Netherlands
Arne Andersson, Sweden
Stephan Camitz, Sweden
Anna Forsberg, Sweden
Tomas Gustavsson, Sweden
Nina Kogan Lockhart, USA
Terry Singer, USA
[ Top ]