Task 5 – Investigation of Techniques for Implementation of Demand-Side Management Technology in the Market Place
Participants developed a common methodology for implementing DSM technology with residential small commercial and small industrial customers. This methodology modelled small customer markets in basic units with objective characteristics such as kinds of end-use equipment, cost of network equipment, family or business types, socio-cultural values.Participants also conducted a survey in their countries of the methods that utilities and governments have successfully used to market DSM technologies in residential, small commercial and small industrial markets.
Based upon the methodology developed above, each participant carried out a pilot project for a particular small customer market. The results of the pilot programmes were measured and their success evaluated. Results in different countries were compared and their similarities and differences were explained. Within each country results of the pilot programme were compared with results of previous programmes in order to document improvements realised in programme effectiveness.
- Marketing methodology for implementing DSM technologies in small customer markets.
- Tools to analyse, follow-up and evaluate DSM programs in these markets always from a marketing point of view.
- Analysis of previous DSM programs in the participating countries.
- Real pilot programmes for effective implementation of DSM technologies in such markets and analysis and evaluation of the pilot programme results.
- Reports on all these items.
- A better overall understanding of the actors in the small customer market for DSM technology has evolved.
[ Top ]
Task 5 Report No. 6 Final Report
Techniques for Implementation of Demand Side Management Technology in the Marketplace: Final Report (English)
[ Top ]
Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the World Bank -Tanzania
[ Top ]
Operating Agent: Juan Comas (retired)
Antti Juva, Finland
Juhani Kalevi, Finland
P.H. van Gemert, Netherlands
Hans Nillesen, Netherlands
Eric Malm, Norway
Ana Garcia-Bernal, Spain
Ernesto Botella, Spain
Gonzalo Juliani, Spain
Vicente Aldecoa, Spain
Andres Suarez, Spain
Josep Trabado, Spain
Jan-Olof Berghe, Sweden
Margot Bratt, Sweden
Margareta Eriksson, Sweden
Christer Ivarsson, Sweden
Kurt Olsson, Sweden
Maneno Katyega, Tanzania
Pierre Savary, United States
Task Duration: 1993 – 1998
[ Top ]